We work with the local government, and area NGOs to identify schools and orphanages which could benefit from technology focused education programs. We only work with stakeholders who are invested in improving the quality of education of local children.
- Send our local manager to town
- School and orphanage background check
- Select 3 – 4 centers which are located in the same area in that country
- Define our goals and executing plan for that territory
We perform evaluations at the identified institutions to ensure they have the infrastructure and resources to support our project.
- School has physical space and functional computers for a lab
- Ensure that students and teachers have the bandwidth for a 10-week commitment to a Zaya Lab pilot
- School can commit to one counterpart to shadow Zaya facilitator
- Ensure that staff has the knowledge and resources to encourage student participation
Work with the educational institutions to deploy Education Micro-Clouds containing all the courseware in their computer facility.
- Identify the local educators who will be a part of our pilot program
- Isolate the grade level for the pilot program based on the teachers selected
- Conduct pre-assessment tests for participating students
- Get teachers involved in creating localized lessons
Lead By Example
Zaya Hub manager trains and guides local teachers on how to use the educational resources on the Hotspot effectively. We take the first few classes and later shadow the teachers to provide feedback.
- Build capacity of local teachers
- Localize and if required, let teachers and students do it
- Design curricula and lesson plans
- Train local educators on Zaya Learning Adaptive platform to create lesson presentations
Monitor & Support
Zaya Hub manager will continue to monitor the project for a definitive time to understand the impact of the project on the teaching and the learning process
- Schedule weekly check-ins with the local teachers to check progress
- Work with teachers and Zaya managers to create a schedule and log book for the students who are participating in the project
- Conduct post project analysis with the students and teachers
Ensure that the educational institution feels comfortable in using the newly introduced technology
- Use Zaya’s student assessment tool to and evaluate students before and after the program
- Interact with teachers and students to gather feedback